Did you know that 92 of the top 100 companies on the 2018 Fortune 1000 use SAS?
One major reason SAS dominates with Fortune 100 companies is that they provide numerous Big Data management applications that work together to solve complicated business problems. They have data Access, Quality, Integration, Governance and Architecture solutions that work together seamlessly.
What ties all the different solutions together is the SAS programming language. The SAS programming language is the focus of this course. No matter what software solution you use, the programming is the same. Learning SAS programming enables a company to go beyond the Graphical Interfaces of the individual SAS solutions to allow for flexible solutions for the particular situation faced.
Our course is self-paced and includes over 11 hours of video lectures. Assignments and Quizzes will test your understanding. Our SAS training is very much a hands-on experience.
You will learn primarily via our high-quality video lectures, but when needed, you'll have access to SAS Online Tutor support, that is 1-on-1 support, whenever you request it.
Check out the Curriculum and video lectures available for free preview.
Skills You Will Obtain:
- SAS Data Step (primary technique to create and manipulate data-sets)
- SAS Proc Step
- SAS SQL (a fit for those of you looking for sas and sql training, as SAS SQL is the SAS implementation of SQL)
- Macro Facility (more advanced topic)
- SAS Indexes (more advanced topic)
- An Introduction to SAS Predictive Modeling (more specialized topic)
Our goal is to offer quality and affordable training to companies that want to outsource their training. We can easily accommodate a major purchase where we will provide all employees with their own individual access to course content.
We also have many students that are individuals who want to up-skill on their own because their current company uses SAS and it helps them gain a promotion.
- Data Set Options (4:39)
- What if your data is separated by a dot or something else? (delimiters) (2:55)
- Reading data instream in data step (typing data right into coding area) (5:09)
- Reading DATES in data (6:02)
- Creating variables/Calculations (4:01)
- More on Creating New Variables (4:16)
- Automatic Variables (3:57)
- Filtering Observations (so only some data show up) (2:04)
- Intuition Decision and Loop Structures (6:08)
- If-then Conditional Logic (5:40)
- DO Iterative Loop and Variations (DO WHILE, DO Until) (6:51)
- More on DO Group Processing (without index/counter variable) (3:55)
- More on the WHERE Expression/Statement (3:56)
- IF vs. WHERE
- Sorting Observations (PROC SORT and BY statements) (3:21)
- Merging Two Data Sets (3:33)
- Using SET statement to Merge (3:41)
- Data Reduction and Cleaning your Data (6:43)
- LENGTH statement (8:08)
- Creating a Counting (Enumeration) Variable (4:26)
- Quiz 2: Data Section Quiz
- SAS Functions Intuition (9:16)
- RAND Function (producing a sample with distribution of your choi…37. RAND Function (producing a sample with distribution of your choice) (5:29)
- LENGTH, LENGTHN, LENGTHC functions (are you working with a larg… (6:56)
- TRIM function (want to get rid of trailing blanks?) (2:54)
- COMPRESS Function (remove characters from string, and all types …40. COMPRESS Function (remove characters from string, and all types of blanks) (3:53)
- Input and Put Functions (7:42)
- CATX function (3:15)
- SCAN function (3:28)
- Coalesce function (3:24)
- Verify function (5:04)
- Substr function (4:08)
- Quiz 4: Functions Quiz
- Intro to Indexes/Indices (1:56)
- Should you use an Index? (2:01)
- Types of Indices (2:01)
- Index Options (1:45)
- Testing with Large Data-sets (4:04)
- Selecting Variable(s) for your Index (4:18)
- . PROC Data-sets and WHERE Expression (5:59)
- BY Statement (Sorting variables, while exploiting your Index) (3:59)
- Using PROC SQL to create Indices
- Creating an Index During Data Step Execution
- Deleting Indices
- Handling Common Tasks with an Indexed Data-set (3:27)
- Updating the Master Data-Set with new variables or observations (7:06)
- Assignment 3: Creating, Updating and Using Index Assignment
- Macro Facility Intro Article
- Types of Macro Variables (4:46)
- Don't Lose Track of your Macro Variables (2:31)
- Macro Variable Assignment Rules (3:14)
- Masking Special Characters (4:08)
- Macro Functions (%Index and %Upcase) (3:58)
- Macro Functions 2 (%Scan) (4:31)
- Creating a Macro variable (helps you modify data easier) (3:50)
- Macro Programs Intro (5:59)
- Creating a Macro Example 1 (greater flexibility, +useful for repetitive coding) (8:08)
- Creating a Macro Example 1 (greater flexibility, +useful for repetiti…111. Creating a Macro Example 1 (greater flexibility, +useful for repetitive coding) (8:13)
- Creating a Macro Example 2 (5:59)
- Creating a Macro Example 3 (unique sales reports for different days) (5:59)
- Creating a Macro Example 4 (calculating average sales for multiple years) (6:39)
- Debugging Options (3:32)
- Storing Macros (External) (4:23)
- Assignment 4: Macro Assignment 1
- Brainstorming for Logistic Macro Case Study (4:57)
- Logistic Macro, Case Study, Part 1 (7:58)
- Logistic Macro, Case Study, Part 2 (7:14)
- Assignment 5: Logistic Macro Case Study Assignment
- Sources, Patterns and Mechanisms of Missing Data (6:09)
- Evaluating Missing Data Patterns with SAS (4:51)
- 3 Phase Multiple Imputation Process using SAS (11:42)
- Some additional code for PROC MI
- Considering the Output from PROC MI (3:21)
- Mean, Mode and Median Imputation (Article, SAS Code)
- Oversampling and Adjusting for Oversampling (9:42)
- Categorical Inputs (8:47)
- Variable Clustering (8:00)
- Multicollinearity (5:17)
- Subset Selection (6:32)
- Parameter Estimates (2:13)
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course has no start-dates or end-dates. You start when you want, take breaks when you want, and can complete the course when you are able to.
How long do I have access to the course?
When you buy this course, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.