Microsoft Access Tutorial
Obtain Access skills via self-paced video lectures and have access to a tutor so you can get your questions answered
Our Microsoft Access Tutorial has one goal...
...to prepare you for employment or promotion with companies that utilize Microsoft Access.
We do this by providing you with not only a self-paced video tutorial but also tutor support, enabling you to ask questions about the content and be part of discussions.
By the end of the course, you will be able to fully utilize a relational database that many small-to-medium sized companies use to store their data, query their data, create professional reports, and input new data.
Inside Microsoft Access Tutorial, you will find:
- An actionable, real-world course about Access that prepares you for a job as an end-user (the person that will create reports, fill in orders, etc) for a company, or Access developer (you would be to develop the database).
- Each lesson is taught in the same style that many of you already know and love.
- This tutorial is not so much about giving you information, instead, it is practical. You will be shown how to get particular results, so you can obtain a job or promotion.
- One of the more comprehensive Access tutorials out there. The Microsoft Access Tutorial course covers 10 sections broken out into over 60 lessons.
Results/Outcomes from registering include:
- a) Be able to fully utilize the Access Graphical Interface to create, edit, and manipulate the four main Access Objects (tables, reports, queries, and forms).
- b) Understand how databases work, so you create your own database.
- c) Migrate your data from a spreadsheet (ie Excel) to Access without breaking principles of the database relational model (via interface and VBA programming)
- d) Learn VBA so you can institute flexible solutions.
Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more...
Microsoft Access is used by many businesses... whether you realize it or not.
Join Microsoft Access for Business to uncover why the business community, especially small-sized companies, prefer Access. One big reason? It allows for much faster development for much cheaper than other solutions.
Join me, and give the course a try — before you know it, you'll be using Access for your company and reaping the benefits.
Who uses Microsoft Access?
List of the top companies using Microsoft Access:
|Hon Hai Precision Industry||foxconn.com||Taiwan||>1000M||>10000|
|United States Postal Service||usps.com||United States||>1000M||>10000|
|China Mobile Ltd||chinamobileltd.com||Hong Kong||>1000M||>10000|
What's inside Microsoft Access?
Who's behind this?
I'm passionate about statistics, psychology/mental health, and all things data.
I've developed an expertise in Microsoft Access, SAS Programming and Statistics through my schooling and self-study.
I'm a former Graduate student in Educational Psychology. Two years into the Graduate Program, I decided to withdraw voluntarily. I learned that the traditional academic environment and clinical environment was not the proper avenue to enact wide-scale change.
Teaching has been a passion for a long time. I created my first online video course in 2016 (a Statistics course). It was a pure passion project. As a result of getting great feedback, I kept going! I teach Access, SAS, stats, and psychology courses currently but I am also always learning. I enjoy receiving messages from students who have passed exams, obtained interviews, or gained employment, from taking one of my courses.
- Ermin Dedic (Instructor)
- Intro To Working With Tables and Navigation (3:51)
- Fundamentals of Editing Records (Adding and Deleting) (4:14)
- Sorting in Access (1:32)
- Filtering in Access (2:24)
- Using Find and Replace (2:37)
- Creating Our First Table, 1 (4:13)
- Creating Our First Table, 2 (2:47)
- Creating Our First Table, 3 (1:41)
- Field Properties 1 (field size,format,input masks) (7:00)
- Field Properties 2 (Default Values and Validation Rules) (6:33)
- Field Properties 3 (Peculiar but Important Feature to Understand, Allow Zero Length Field Property) (3:12)
- Lookups in Tables (7:33)
- Changing Order of Fields, Deleting/Adding New Fields/Selecting multiple at Once (2:37)
- Intro to Reports and Report Wizard (7:24)
- Laying out Report Components; Move, Resize, Align Report (7:23)
- Unbound Controls in Access (1:38)
- Bound Controls in Access (2:36)
- Calculated Controls in Access (1:52)
- Creating Our First TextBox Control in Report (10:07)
- Adding Our Second Control in Report (4:55)
- Filtering and Grouping in Reports (2:26)
- Conditional Formatting in Reports (3:18)
- Intro to Queries and Designing Queries (6:44)
- Sorting in Queries (2:40)
- Criteria In Queries (3:06)
- Wildcards In Queries (2:24)
- Formulas In Queries (5:20)
- Calculations In Queries (2:06)
- Advanced Select Query: Parameter Query (Why Are They Useful in Business Context?) (3:34)
- Advanced Select Query: Top (Records) Query (3:19)
- Advanced Select Query: Total Queries (groups of records/table totals) ( (2:15)
- Advanced Select Query: Crosstab Query (4:22)
- Intro to Excel and Access (1:26)
- Excel to Access, Problem 1 (heading/fields not in first row) (3:42)
- Excel to Access, Problem 2 (import errors) (4:49)
- Excel to Access, Problem 3 (data check/considerations before import) (3:10)
- Many Excel Files to One (2:01)
- Preparing A Table To Import Our Big Excel File (6:13)
- Normalize By Creating Tables And Relationships (8:14)
- Append from Master to Individual Tables in Order (8:26)
- Creating an AutoExec Macro (4:23)
- Standalone and Embedded Macros (2:12)
- Exploring Options in Macro Action Catalog (6:03)
- Button Control Macros using Wizard (9:44)
- AutoExec Macro 2 - Using Table and Form to Create Welcome Message, 1 (11:50)
- AutoExec Macro 2 - Using Table and Form to Create Welcome Message, 2 (2:14)
- AutoExec Macro 2 - Finishing Touches (2:57)
Ready to become an Access Guru?
Just select your membership plan below...
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course has no start-dates or end-dates. You start when you want, take breaks when you want, and can complete the course when you are able to.
How long do I have access to the course?
When you buy this course, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
All courses have a 30-day money back guarantee. Please contact us with such requests within 30 days of course purchase date.