Microsoft Access for Budgeting and Productivity
Let me show you how Access can help you save time
Microsoft Access for Budgeting and Productivity has one goal...
...to save you precious time by solving a problem most people struggle with...not managing their data at all or not properly.
The first step to solve this problem is to set a budget. But setting a budget without managing the information responsibly would not be productive. To ensure that you make the right decision from the start, you need to manage your transactions with a tool that will maintain data integrity. Microsoft Access is perfect for this.
The second way you will save time is by having the data to support a decision (an investment or expense). At the end of the day, we need to trust ourselves to make a decision, or convince a partner. To do this properly, we need the data to support our decision.
Finally, a database is critical when the unexpected happens. People often get off track with their goals when an unexpected event occurs. Data, during this time, can be especially soothing.
We enable you to do this by providing you with not only a self-paced video tutorial but also tutor support, where you can ask questions about the content and receive feedback on your situation.
By April 7th, 2020, we will be adding a project, taking you step-by-step to create your own personal accounting ledger.
By the end of the course, you will be able to fully utilize a relational database that many small-to-medium sized companies use to store their data, query their data, create professional reports, and input new data.
Inside Microsoft Access for Budgeting and Productivity, you will find:
a) An actionable, real-world course about Access that enables you to use it for budgeting, expenses, and other similar needs.
b) Each lesson is taught in the same style that many of you already know and love.
c) This tutorial is not so much about giving you information, instead, it is practical. You will be shown how to get particular results, so you can use it for your particular situation.
d) A step-by-step approach that will have you using Access in no time.
Results/Outcomes from registering include:
a) Understand how databases work, so you create your own personal database.
b) Migrate your data from a spreadsheet (ie Excel) to Access without breaking principles of the database relational model (via interface and VBA programming)
c) Learn VBA so you can institute flexible solutions.
Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more...
Example: A Report of Customer Orders from the Course..you might want a Report of your Monthly Income and Expenses
Who's behind this?
I'm passionate about statistics, psychology/mental health, and all things data.
I've developed an expertise in Microsoft Access, SAS Programming and Statistics through my schooling and self-study.
I'm a former Graduate student in Educational Psychology. Two years into the Graduate Program, I decided to withdraw voluntarily. I learned that the traditional academic environment and clinical environment was not the proper avenue to enact wide-scale change.
Teaching has been a passion for a long time. I created my first online video course in 2016 (a Statistics course). It was a pure passion project. As a result of getting great feedback, I kept going! I teach Access, SAS, stats, and psychology courses currently but I am also always learning. I enjoy receiving messages from students who have passed exams, obtained interviews, or gained employment, from taking one of my courses.
- Ermin Dedic (Instructor)
- Intro To Working With Tables and Navigation (3:51)
- Fundamentals of Editing Records (Adding and Deleting) (4:14)
- Sorting in Access (1:32)
- Filtering in Access (2:24)
- Using Find and Replace (2:37)
- Creating Our First Table, 1 (4:13)
- Creating Our First Table, 2 (2:47)
- Creating Our First Table, 3 (1:41)
- Field Properties 1 (field size,format,input masks) (7:00)
- Field Properties 2 (Default Values and Validation Rules) (6:33)
- Field Properties 3 (Peculiar but Important Feature to Understand, Allow Zero Length Field Property) (3:12)
- Lookups in Tables (7:33)
- Changing Order of Fields, Deleting/Adding New Fields/Selecting multiple at Once (2:37)
- Intro to Reports and Report Wizard (7:24)
- Laying out Report Components; Move, Resize, Align Report (7:23)
- Unbound Controls in Access (1:38)
- Bound Controls in Access (2:36)
- Calculated Controls in Access (1:52)
- Creating Our First TextBox Control in Report (10:07)
- Adding Our Second Control in Report (4:55)
- Filtering and Grouping in Reports (2:26)
- Conditional Formatting in Reports (3:18)
- Intro to Queries and Designing Queries (6:44)
- Sorting in Queries (2:40)
- Criteria In Queries (3:06)
- Wildcards In Queries (2:24)
- Formulas In Queries (5:20)
- Calculations In Queries (2:06)
- Advanced Select Query: Parameter Query (Why Are They Useful in Business Context?) (3:34)
- Advanced Select Query: Top (Records) Query (3:19)
- Advanced Select Query: Total Queries (groups of records/table totals) ( (2:15)
- Advanced Select Query: Crosstab Query (4:22)
- Intro to Excel and Access (1:26)
- Excel to Access, Problem 1 (heading/fields not in first row) (3:42)
- Excel to Access, Problem 2 (import errors) (4:49)
- Excel to Access, Problem 3 (data check/considerations before import) (3:10)
- Many Excel Files to One (2:01)
- Preparing A Table To Import Our Big Excel File (6:13)
- Normalize By Creating Tables And Relationships (8:14)
- Append from Master to Individual Tables in Order (8:26)
Ready to Budget with Access?
Just select your membership plan below...
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course has no start-dates or end-dates. You start when you want, take breaks when you want, and can complete the course when you are able to.
How long do I have access to the course?
When you buy this course, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
All courses have a 30-day money back guarantee. Please contact us with such requests within 30 days of course purchase date.